I recently had comments made to me that was inappropriate... they were made in reference to my children.
It is funny that in .2 seconds - I can go from trying-to-live-my-life-right church secretary back to a foul mouthed bar wench.
I need to repent.
I hate - HATE - the meanness of people. Over the course of the past couple of years, there has been one person in particular who enjoys taking shots at me- no, not me, at my children, really - for no reason. I know the reasoning is that she is trying to get me to have a reaction. I have tried to not comment, keep my mouth shut, not to stoop to her level.
This person has told me that I was ugly - to my face, no less. She has caused me stress. I have been embarrassed by her husband in public. She has mocked me and talked about me to others while I was in the same room. Only one other time have I ever lost my cool with her. That time also envolved my kids.
Well, yesterday, she got a reaction.
As with most mothers, the love we have for our children is so powerful, it will cause you to do things you never thought possible. Talk about love moving mountains. Well, a mother's love is indescribable.
Without giving specifics, I will just say this: you can do what you want to me, and attack Dave, but don't mess with my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment