Thursday, January 21, 2010

Random Thoughts and Various Happenings - Bullet Style!

School is back in session! Since I don't like to have to work at blogging (it is too much like writing a paper for school if I over analyze) I am not going to try to transition my thoughts. Here they are- easy to write - easy to read - in bullet style format! (I wish my teachers would take papers like this instead of insisting on MLA or APA...)

  • Yesterday was the long day of the week... it ended up easier than I imagined, yet I was exhausted by the end of the night.
  • The kids are still not getting in bed like I would hope. We are, for some reason, feeling the need to try to do some things with them. We went to a basketball game on Tuesday night. Tonight, Tech plays Austin P. - that would be fun....
  • Eli's 14th birthday is coming up. I always think alot about when he was born this time of year... I think about how I felt 14 years ago this month, how I had no idea what was about to happen to me, the anticipation of waiting on my first child, my plans I had for the future...
  • We are still van shopping. Last time we bought a van, six years ago, it took us about a month. We drove an '08 yesterday. But man, is it hard committing.
  • On my drive home from school last night, I realized that the last four vehicles that I have owned were dark blue... now my van now is kinda purple tinted, but is often mistaken for a dark blue color. The van I drove yesterday? Well, it was navy blue also. There is a silver one that is identical.
  • The anniversary of Roe v. Wade is tomorrow. I know that not everyone is pro-life, but think of this... it is so hard to imagine. Since 1972, 52 MILLION babies have been aborted in the United States. When I think of this number, I think of how upset everyone still is over 9-11 (and rightly, they should be) - that number was 2,895. Yet, we, as a nation cannot gather courage to voice outrage at the 52 million innocent children lost. Children, people. Come on.

I guess I will close on that one.

2 comments:

  1. My kids aren't getting in bed nearly early enough for me either. It makes for a very hectic evening around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new background. . .you need to take a break and have some fun :) Guess this is our "new" way of staying in touch, huh? What an abortion statistic. . .thanks for posting it here. You know what I say about sleep -- it is GOLDEN around here. Go for the silver van! And I think structured, long days are the BEST. Well, until May when the girls' after-school music program is scheduled the day before E's ballet recital and the same time as my statistics final. . .ha!

    ReplyDelete