Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Out for blood.

Last night, Tripp, Emma and Mallie were playing in the bathroom.
Emma did not want Tripp around.

So, she kicked him in the stomach. He, in turn, bit her on the chest when she tried to hug him and tell him she was sorry.

Screaming like there was something really happening was what I heard first. It took me close to 30 minutes to figure out the story. They were telling it at the same time, while Mallie stood back looking pleased that she kept out of the fight. After all the tears were dried and everyone got an icepack for their injury, I showed Tripp what her bite mark looked like.

Today, when I came home from work, I looked at Emma's purple and green mouthprint Tripp had left on her chest.
I made Emma show it to Tripp. I told him that this is what happens when you bite. It hurts friends.

He told me, "Thats because I am a vampire. I told you I am a vampire."

A few minutes later, she took a toy from him. As I sat and listened to them playing, I heard him say to her, "Do you want me to bite you again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment