Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekend. And Eli is big.


Well, the kids have been out of school most of the week. Dave has been at home being the mom since I have now became a working mom. Not only a working mom, mind you, but a working, going to school mom. I am emotionally exhausted. But, I like my job. And I like a check. I just have to find my balance.

Yesterday afternoon, I took Eli to get a couple of things for school - things of the clothing persuasion. The cute boy who told me only two years ago that " Walmart is fine" when I asked him where he wanted to school shop - well, that boy is no more. He is still cute, yes, handsome and growing up quick. But he has been replaced with a boy that likes American Eagle, Aeropostle, Ambercrombie and all that stuff that makes me have to get a job. Standing in the store with him, I helped him pick out jeans. Not just jeans. Jeans in the MAN section. More specifically, he is no longer in the kid sizes. He wears a 28/30. How did this happen? I started out with this cute- Tommy off of the Rugrats - baby. He lay on my lap, and looked at me with those big eyes. He was so skinny and cute. Now I have a boy/man that will be 13 in a couple of weeks. Only a few years until he goes to college. Where did the time go? My first baby is big.
So, I leave you with a picture of my first born boy. Ah, Eli, I love you so much. The first time I held you was absolute magic. You made me a momma.

Eli and Matt this past summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment