Friday, March 2, 2012

Sad Faces :(

We were pleasently surprised when we were dismissed early from school on Wednesday and given Thursday and Friday off because of sickness. This was so nice, as it gave me extra time to plan for Eli's Friday night birthday party.

Um, yeah.

So, due to the weather - namely, tornadoes - there will not be a sweet 16 party tonight. (Insert lots of sad faces here)

We were expecting lots and lots of teenagers to come out and party tonight. Instead, poor Eli is sending texts and making Facebook posts, telling of the severe weather cancellation.

I feel terrible for my boy. What a birthday! We had the option to continue on with the party. But I thought that I would feel horrible if

1. something happened during the party (a tornado!)
2. no one showed up due to the threat of storms

So, tonight, we will be hunkered down in Grandma's basement. I will not be in my mini-basement because it is stinky down there and there is no electricity and there is no where to sit. Just boxes and boxes of stuff.

So, I guess I will now wish for all of my friends and my family to have a safe, healthy Friday night.

I am so very, very thankful for my Eli. Happy 16th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment