Last night, I looked across the couch at my husband. While I was studying the big bang theory, and how rocks either flake apart or fracture, he was reading a book on how to speak in public.
There is lots o' schoolwork going on in this house.
I am a little overwhelmed, as usual. Nah, I don't say as usual because for some reason, I am feeling pretty good so far. Maybe it is large amounts of time I spend studying. I have all day during the day. I will say that when I went back to college over TWO years ago, I had a very very very hard time getting my work done. My baby wasn't even two yet. Emma was three. I also had Mallie during the days. And I watched Ethan (who was six months old) one day a week that summer. How I did that, well, I have no clue.
I guess I have no problem with it really, cause stay at home moms don't do anything anyways.... that is my soapbox. I will get on that another day.
Anyways, things are looking good. I try to tell Dave that it will go by so fast. If I play my cards right, I should graduate NEXT December. That is pretty good, considering a couple of semesters, I only took seven and nine hours.
My other thought is how college only really teaches endurance. Take poor Dave, for example. He is in a COM 100 class. Speech, right? Well, at any given time, I can turn on the local TV station and see him talking in a meeting. He does announcements at church at least two Sunday's a month. But still, here he is, trudging along. Getting it done. I am so proud.
One of my classes is Child Development from birth to age five. I live this course every day. I could probably tell some stories that would make the book. I spend time defining placenta previa. Been there. How about a definition for torticollis? Been there, too. Separation anxiety? Still living it.
It is all about endurance. And $3250 a semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment